Orchiata is the premier standalone orchid growing medium that can be used directly from the bag. Bombotany uses Orchiata and other Besgrow products exclusively in the greenhouse – if you’ve bought an orchid from us before, it was likely in Besgrow Bark or Spahg!
- Classic – 1/4″-3/8″ (6-9mm) – suits young orchids and is good for second potting; AFP 47-52%, WHC 55%
- Power – 3/8″ – 1/2″ (9-12mm) – suits young and mature orchids, a good size for second potting; AFP 49-53%, WHC 56.8%
- Power Plus – 1/2″ – 3/4″ (12-18mm) – suits mature orchids and orchids that require more AFP; AFP 50-54%, WHC 56.8%
This is a sustainable growing medium produced from the finest quality, 100% pure New Zealand Pinus radiata bark. Pinus radiata is sourced from renewable, man-made forests ensuring availability into the future. Orchiata can be used directly from the bag. Preferred by award winning growers worldwide, Orchiata offers a variety of benefits. It’s pH balanced to eliminate the natural acidity of bark media & contains beneficial micro-organisms for protection against plant pathogens. Orchiata does not accumulate salts reducing the need for flushing. The bark is aged, not composted, allowing water and nutrients to be held while retaining hard structure and Does not break down minimizing the need for re-potting. Orchiata gives consistent hydration, an ideal wet/dry cycle and provides excellent longevity.
- 5 Liter/4.5 Dry Quarts bag
- pH balanced to eliminate the natural acidity of bark media
- Contains beneficial micro-organisms for protection against plant pathogens
- 100% pure New Zealand Pinus Radiata Bark